May 22, 2012

Uganda - Day 1 - April 26th

 Landed at Etebbe. Collected all forty something bags.... what a miracle that they all made it! Got Visas. Loaded up and ready to go! Our team was made up of 20 girls and 3 guys from all over the US and 3 from Mexico.
 There were no burnt out and abandoned airplanes on the runway that I could see. This was more reassuring than what I saw the last time I landed in Africa. :)
 Uganda is beautiful, green, lush, and has red dirt roads that remind me of the red Georgia clay I grew up with.
This is a typical shopping strip on the side of the road. Most of the shop owners live in the back of their shop. Almost every child you pass on the road smiles and waves enthusiastically. The adults wave too, for that matter... Ugandans are very friendly.

No comments: