March 18, 2009

The Mouse

I woke up one morning and walked into the kitchen and saw something dart past out of the corner of my eye. We have never ever had a mouse in the house before so I didn't know what it could be. About 5 minutes later I saw it run across the floor and into the pantry. I needed to leave for work but was not leaving with a mouse in my pantry. So, I pulled everything that was on or near the floor out, and put a box against the door way and climbed in there with a broom. Five times I rushed the little guy into the box but just as I would try to flip the box right side up to trap him he would run back between my legs to the back of the pantry. Finally he squeezed between the box and the door jam and made a break for the fridge. There he stayed. I was late for work, really flustered and had a crying baby. That night Bobby set a trap in the pantry and the next morning our mouse problem was fixed. I think the temptation of peanut butter was more than he could resist.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh ick! At least it was a mouse and not a rat! Why "Sorry Melissa" - does she like mice? Need to call you soon...take care!